Casualty Results In From Iran Strike – Our Worst Fears Confirmed

We were told that there were no injured or killed allied soldiers when Iran struck the United States bases in Iraq, but that was not true.

“The American people should be extremely grateful and happy,” President Donald Trump said in an address from the White House. “No Americans were harmed in last night’s attack by the Iranian regime.”

“Iran appears to be standing down, which is a good thing for all parties concerned,” he said.

Of course, this was after the president got reports from military brass and no one knows what was told to him at that time.

But the fact is that there were, in fact, injuries in the Iranian missile strikes, CNN reported. There were 11 injuries in all, a source told the network in a statement.

“While no U.S. service members were killed in the Jan. 8 Iranian attack on Al Asad Air base, several were treated for concussion symptoms from the blast and are still being assessed,” the coalition, led by the United States, said.

“Out of an abundance of caution, service members were transported from Al Asad Air Base, Iraq to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany for follow-on screening. When deemed fit for duty, the service members are expected to return to Iraq following screening,” it said.

The attack from Iran came in response to the U.S strike that resulted in the death of terrorist Iranian Gen. Qasem Soleimani.

CNN asked why the there was a discrepancy in the initial report of no injuries and the new report of 11.

“That was the commander’s assessment at the time. Symptoms emerged days after the fact, and they were treated out of an abundance of caution,” the Defense official said.

US Central Command spokesman for Capt. Bill Urban said that they discovered the 11 injuries after the attacks the assessment was made.

“As a standard procedure, all personnel in the vicinity of a blast are screened for traumatic brain injury, and if deemed appropriate are transported to a higher level of care,” he said.

It followed a report last week by Secretary of Defense Mark Esper who said that there was only damage to property.

“The current (Battle Damage Assessment) is, if you will, again, we can get you details, things like tentage, taxiways, the parking lot, a damaged helicopter, things like that; nothing that I would describe as major, at least as I note at this point in time. So that’s the state of — of the attack at this point as we know it. Most importantly, no casualties, no friendly casualties, whether they are US, coalition, contractor, etc.,” he said.

Iran claimed that it had killed 80 U.S. troops, which was a lie, but one wonders if the United States will strike back at Iran now that injuries have been reported.

Send this to a friend