Fox News: CNN About To Be Hit With Over $250 Million Lawsuit

Fox News reported that CNN will likely be slapped with a $250 million lawsuit over the network’s “vicious” and “direct attacks” on Nick Sandmann.

The Covington Catholic High School student’s lawyer, L. Lin Wood explained to Fox News and author Mark Levin, “CNN was probably more vicious in its direct attacks on Nicholas than The Washington Post. And CNN goes into millions of individuals’ homes.”

The interview with Wood will air on Fox News’ “Life, Liberty & Levin” at 10 p.m. eastern time on Sunday.

“They really went after Nicholas with the idea that he was part of a mob that was attacking the Black Hebrew Israelites, yelling racist slurs at the Black Hebrew Israelites. Totally false,” Wood explained.

He continued, “Now you say you’ve seen the tape; if you took the time to look at the full context of what happened that day, Nicholas Sandmann did absolutely nothing wrong. He was, as I’ve said to others, he was the only adult in the room. But you have a situation where CNN couldn’t resist the idea that here’s a guy with a young boy, that Make America Great Again cap on. So they go after him.”

“The CNN folks were online on Twitter at 7 a.m retweeting the little one-minute propaganda piece that had been put out. … They’re out there right away going after this young boy. And they maintain it for at least two days. Why didn’t they stop and just take an hour and look through the Internet and find the truth and then report it? Maybe do that before you report the lies.”

Wood explained that the suit would be issued, “Monday, Tuesday at the latest.”

“I’ve got some young, smart lawyers that are working hard as we can. Double-checking, and listen, when we file complaints, we’ve investigated it because we want to get it right. Maybe CNN can learn from that,” Wood explained to host Mark Levin.

Fox News has attempted to contact CNN officials to comment on the suit.

Last month, the Covington Catholic student’s lawyer also filed a $250 million lawsuit against The Washington Post for “compensatory and punitive damages” over the left-leaning newspaper’s coverage of the incident.

“I expect because of the way they went after Nicholas so viciously, that the claim for his reputational damage will be higher than it was against The Washington Post,” Wood said. “The Post was $50 million for the reputational damage … $200 million in punitive damages — punitive damages are designed to punish and to deter.”

He continued, “I would think the punitive-damage award against CNN that we’ll seek will be at least the same $200 million as it was against The Washington Post. But the compensatory damage to Nicholas’s reputation, that number I expect will be higher.”

Fox News reportsThe lawsuit against The Washington Post accused that outlet of practicing “a modern-day form of McCarthyism” by targeting Sandmann and “using its vast financial resources to enter the bully pulpit by publishing a series of false and defamatory print and online articles … to smear a young boy who was, in its view, an acceptable casualty in their war against the president.”

Several days ago, The Post published an editor’s note admitting that subsequent information either contradicted or failed to confirm accounts relayed in its initial article. The editor’s note was not satisfactory to Sandmann’s legal team.

Sandmann, a junior at Covington Catholic High School, became a target for outrage after a video of him standing face-to-face with a Native American man, Nathan Phillips, while wearing a red Make America Great Again hat surfaced in January. Sandmann was one of a group of students from Covington attending the anti-abortion March for Life in Washington, D.C., while Phillips was attending the Indigenous Peoples’ March on the same day.

Send this to a friend