Fox News Takes Top Host Off The Air, And It Could Be For Good

Several liberal mainstream media outlets have been trying to get Fox News host Tucker Carlson off the air for years.

Despite having one of the highest rated cable news shows, Fox News has caved to the Left and took Carlson off the air.

And it could be for good.

Liberal activists — with the help of fake news CNN — went after Carlson last week and shamed all of the companies who advertise on his Fox News program because he supports President Donald Trump’s immigration agenda.

Liberals are desperately trying to claim this makes Carlson “racist” and that anyone who advertises on his show is also a bigot.

Things kicked up a notch after Carlson explained on his show how liberal elites used conspiracy theories about “white supremacy” after the two deadly shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio to distract Americans from the fact that the system is rigged in favor of the powerful and wealthy.

Carlson clarified and defended his comments last Wednesday, but then announced he was taking a vacation.

“By the way,” Carlson told viewers on Wednesday last week. “I am taking several days off – headed to the wilderness to fish with my son.”

The Hollywood Reporter writes:

Tucker Carlson, who abruptly announced plans for a vacation at the end of his Fox News show on Wednesday night, will not be hosting Tucker Carlson Tonight on Thursday. But he’s surely hoping the show will feature a full load of advertisements, two days after he incited a fervent online backlash with a monologue dismissing the prevalence of white supremacy.

With the country still reeling from an apparently racism-inspired shooting in Texas on Saturday, Carlson called white supremacy a “hoax” and said “it is actually not a real problem in America.” He also called it “a conspiracy theory used to divide the country and keep a hold on power.”

Carlson’s remarks were swiftly condemned amid a new call for advertisers to back away from his primetime show.

His Wednesday night show featured an advertising load (27 spots) that was in line with his previous week of shows (26 per night), though the episode leaned more heavily on so-called house ads for Fox programming, featuring nine such ads compared with an average of 5.4 for the previous week.

Fox News released a statement saying Carlson’s vacation had been planned before the contentious remarks and that he will return on August 19.

However, as CNN noted, there is a long history of Fox News hosts taking sudden vacations when they are embroiled in controversies.

This includes Judge Jeanine Pirro, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, Jesse Watters, and Bill O’Reilly.

Numerous high profile individuals at Fox News have also refused to comment on Carlson’s “vacation.”

Conservative journalist Patrick Howley even suggested that Daily Wire Editor-in-Chief Ben Shapiro could potentially replace Carlson, assuming Tucker doesn’t return next week.

“The establishment is determined to move Shapiro into 8 o’clock instead of Tucker, and they figure the conservative movement is too stupid to notice the difference. That’s what they think of you. They think of you as sheep. They hate you,” Howley tweeted.

Many are also worried that what happened to O’Reilly in 2017 may happen to Carlson.

Two years ago, O’Reilly announced that he was taking a vacation after his Fox program suffered sponsor boycotts surrounding allegations he sexually harassed women at Fox News and paid them off.

O’Reilly never returned after his “vacation” and was promptly fired.

Send this to a friend