Huge Coronavirus News Out Of South Korea Gives Hope To The United States

Seems like everyday new information comes out about the coronavirus — and it’s usually not positive.

While President Donald Trump and his team are doing just about everything imaginable to combat the spread of the virus in America, it’s going to take time for their measures, policies, and new tests to reflect accurate data on the pandemic and whether it is getting worse or flatlining.

But America should have more hope this week after a new report out of South Korea reveals that the coronavirus recoveries are now outpacing new cases in the country.

That is a big deal and means that the “new case” rate has flatlined while people recovering from the virus are consistently rising.

Newsweek reports:

South Korea has had one of the largest outbreaks of the new coronavirus, and nearly 8,000 people have contracted the virus, which has killed 67 people in the country. 

The outbreak appears to be waning, though, and on Friday the KCDC reported that 177 additional people were pronounced recovered from the virus and that there were only 110 new cases.

South Korea reported its first case on January 20, and in the two months since, 510 people have recovered and 7,402 remain in isolation. Cases appear to be on the decline, but the KCDC urged people not to become complacent about prevention measures because new cases are still emerging in small clusters from businesses, churches, cafes and medical facilities.

Through the weekend, everyone was advised to continue practicing social distancing and personal hygiene measures and to refrain from visiting community spaces or public gatherings.

This is incredibly positive news for the U.S, especially given the Trump administration has been taking major actions to combat the coronavirus.

During a White House briefing on Tuesday afternoon, the president and his team stated that the package will include “looking at sending checks to Americans immediately.”

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said the administration is working on a “big” and “bold” legislative package to address the coronavirus crisis.

Mnuchin said the goal would be to get checks to Americans in two weeks to help workers cope with the economic effects of the crisis.

The president wouldn’t say exactly how much those checks might be — Republican Senators Tom Cotton and Mitt Romney have suggested $1,000 per adult.

“We’re going big,” the president told reporters in the White House Briefing Room.

Mnuchin made the announcement when he stated that the Trump administration wants to put money in the pockets of American citizens “immediately” to help with the coronavirus.

“Americans need cash now,” Mnuchin said. “I mean now in the next two weeks.”

“The president has instructed me that we have to do this now,” Mnuchin noted.

Last week, Vice President Mike Pence announced the nation’s largest health insurance companies have agreed to waive all co-payments for coronavirus testing and treatment, demonstrating the Trump administration had secured a deal to ensure the government will partner with the private industry to benefit the American people.

During a White House meeting with Trump and top health insurance company executives, Pence estimated almost 240 million Americans would be covered between the private insurers’ plans and their support Medicare and Medicaid programs.

Trump has also decided to suspend all travel from the European Union as well as the U.K. and Ireland.

The president also declared a national emergency over the weekend.

Send this to a friend