President Donald Trump and his supporters have been practically begging Senate Republicans to fight back against the Democrats impeachment witch hunt.
After months of sham hearings, partisan witnesses, and still no evidence the president did anything wrong, House Democrats are preparing two articles of impeachment and will charge the president with obstruction of Congress and abuse of power.
But Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham grew a spine this week and vowed to turn the tables on Democrats.
The Committee held a hearing Wednesday with DOJ IG Michael Horowitz to discuss his long-awaited FISA spy report, which detailed the reasoning for the FBI’s spying on the Trump campaign during the 2016 election.
What Graham said in his over 15-minute opening statement left conservatives and supporters of Trump cheering.
The South Carolina lawmaker:
(1) Called out the mainstream media for its biased coverage.
(2) Promised that if the House impeaches Trump and the trial moves to the Senate, he would urge Republicans to call as many witnesses as possible to expose the Democrats.
(3) Vowed to completely overhaul the FISA court.
(4) Promised to subpoena other top Obama-era officials to testifying about their spying on Trump’s 2016 campaign.
(5) Revealed that the FBI deliberately doctored evidence it presented to the FISA court to spy on the Trump campaign.
(6) And spent a great deal of time detailing how the IG found 17 significant errors or omissions concerning FBI efforts to spy on the Trump campaign.
“Mr. Horowitz,” Graham said, “I’m dying to hear from you, but I bet I haven’t made 20 minutes of opening statements in a year. I’m [going to take] a little bit longer to try to lay out what I think is before us as a nation.”
Graham went to town on the liberal media.
“There has been a lot of media reports about your report before it was issued, and I remember reading all these headlines. ‘Lawful investigation with a few irregularities’, ‘Everything okay, low-level people kind of got off track.’ If that’s what you get out of this report, you clearly didn’t read it.”
“If that’s your takeaway that this thing was lawfully predicated, and that’s the main point, you missed the entire report. How do you get a headline like that? That’s what you want it to be. You want it to be that and nothing more.”
Graham rounded out his comments by saying he was going to ramp up more hearings and haul more corrupt actors before the Senate Judiciary Committee to testify.
You can watch Graham’s full speech below:
Many would agree that Graham should be doing a lot more to fight back against Democrats impeachment witch hunt, but this is a good start.
We also learned from House Judiciary Committee ranking member Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) that the FBI spied on at least four individuals serving on Trump’s campaign — not the “two” that were originally reported.
And, the cherry on top, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff slipped up big time and admitted why Democrats are trying to impeach the president right now.